There is a lot to be said for ICC STEM Camp
- Jump start kids for back-to-school. The average amount of learning lost during the summer months is estimated to be one month. For math, its estimated to be just over two months. ICC’s camp re-engages young minds in a welcoming environment that feels more like camp than school.
- Enrich STEM aptitude. To succeed in today’s ever-evolving world, kids need an early facility with STEM. Coding, the language of the future, is like language, better learned young.
- Engage kids in intellectually stimulating activities during the end-of-summer down period. Most camps have ended, but the summer hasn’t. ICC STEM Camp turns “What can I do today?” into an adventure in learning.
- Kids have fun. In addition to making sure that campers spent time outdoors playing games and exploring, ICC engages kids in hands-on group projects such as making roller coasters and building cars. And ICC summer interns are really into math and science and are great roll models for kids.
- Diversity. ICC prides itself on attracting a diverse population of campers.
- Expanded horizons. Each year, ICC introduces a Indian culture into the curriculum. In 2019, kids will learn how to play games that are popular in India and Indian games have been adopted here in the US.