There is a lot to be said for ICC STEM Camp
- Jump start kids for back-to-school. The average amount of learning lost during the summer months is estimated to be one month. For math, its estimated to be just over two months. ICC’s camp re-engages young minds in a welcoming environment that feels more like camp than school.
- Enrich STEM aptitude. To succeed in today’s ever-evolving world, kids need an early facility with STEM. Coding, the language of the future, is like language, better learned young.
- Engage kids in intellectually stimulating activities during the end-of-summer down period. Most camps have ended, but the summer hasn’t. ICC STEM Camp turns “What can I do today?” into an adventure in learning.
- Kids have fun. In addition to making sure that campers spent time outdoors playing games and exploring, ICC engages kids in hands-on group projects such as making roller coasters and building cars. And ICC summer interns are really into math and science and are great roll models for kids.
- Diversity. ICC prides itself on attracting a diverse population of campers.
- Expanded horizons. Each year, ICC introduces a bit of Indian culture into the curriculum. In 2019, kids will learn how to play games that are popular in India and what Indian games have been adopted here in the US.